Mention the word resort and one can imagine all kinds of luxurious activities such as personalised service, gourmet cuisines, high octane entertainment and tons of fun-filled activities. However, different kinds of resorts cater to different requirements. These requirements are based on the locations. For example – if the resort is located on the beach, it is a beach resort. It will provide activities that are related to the sea. So before we dive into the points you need to know about resorts before choosing the right one, one needs to understand these different types and how to select the best one based on each type.
The Beach Resort
as the name suggests, the resort is located on the coast and the beach forms its central attraction. This establishment strives to provide facilities such as its private share on the beach, water-based sports such as jet skiing etc. These resorts are perfect for those who are looking for a perfect place to spend their honeymoon, want to take a break from their busy schedules and luxury seekers etc.
How to choose the right beach resort?
The beach resort must be very close to the advertised beach. The rooms should be spacious and be fully equipped with modern amenities such as hairdryer, beach towels, in-room safe, TV and Wi-Fi. If a person opts for a beachfront room, then one must be able to view both the beach and the ocean, after all a premium price is being paid for it.
It must have heated swimming pools and a tennis court. If one is travelling with kids, then resort must-have entertainment options for kids. They must have events like barbeque nights and ample outdoor sitting. Check for reviews on reputed sites before booking the rooms.
The island resort
if you want to be right in the middle of the water, away from the tiring hustle-bustle of the world, then island resort will work perfectly for you. These are located on tropical islands most of the time and offer tons of peace one is seeking for.
The most sought after ones offer in-house entertainment, excellent accommodation and local cuisines and shopping ventures. The guest doesn’t have to venture outside the resort to fulfil any need.
How to choose the right island resort?
These resorts are perfect for those who want to withdraw from the world and spend some time with their private thoughts. Caribbean islands are most famous for island resorts. These islands have got culture, adventure, romance etc. For example – St. Lucia, located south of Martinique, is a paradise for lovers. It is a perfect destination for the honeymooners, lovers, or for someone who is just looking for some magical romance.
The resort must offer an ample number of entertainment options. The cuisines must involve fresh ingredients and promote the local cuisines. It must offer full privacy to their guests. The rooms must be equipped with all possible modern amenities such as air conditioners, pools, Tv, DVD player etc.
The Golf Resort
this is a haven for those who are crazy about golf or are professionals. They provide lodging facilities. They provide several activities that are centred around golf. They give access to world-class golf courses for their esteemed patrons to enjoy.
How to choose the right golf resort?
The luxurious golf resorts provide not the world-class golf courses but also on-site professionals who will help the guest to improve his or her game. The resort must also provide facilities such as spa, beauty, spaces for a quiet walk etc for those who are not golf enthusiasts in the group. If one is looking for a corporate golf day, then going local would be the best option. It must also meet all your golf and non-golf requirements. It must provide all the modern amenities in their rooms.
Luxury Resort: as the name suggests, it must provide all possible luxuries in the world. There is no dearth in opulence, fine dining spaces and marvellous entertainment facilities. They are high end and very posh.
How to book the right luxury resort?
These resorts cater to every whim and fancy of their prestigious clients. These places are perfect fort hose who want to pamper and spoil themselves. The rooms must come with all possible amenities and the products used must be of top-of-the-line labels. They must have fitness centres that run round the clock. One of the popular resort types that fall in this category is the spa resort. Here are some easy ways to determine which kind of spa resort will suit you the best.
- Decide the budget: these places are not exactly low end but they do not have to leave you penniless as well. So decide how much would you like to spend on the spa vacation and then decide the resort. If money is not a constraint, well then, blow your mind.
- What do you like? Tropical? Rural mountains? Adventurous? Well, decide your interest and then go for it.
- What is your preferred location? Just an hour drive from home or a different country? The sky is truly the limit. Some of the popular destinations are Europe, The Greek islands, Caribbean, Thailand etc.
- With whom are you travelling? If you are seeking some peace, then please avoid the singles resort because they are going to be one heck of a party place. Also, avoid the family places because it might remind you of things you don’t have and if you are looking for some romance, family resorts are not the place.
- What are your goals? Do you just want to have a good time? Do you have medical needs? If yes, then head to wellness spa resorts that offer therapeutic services. Or are you on your honeymoon?
- Some spa treatment might not be available in your country. So, if you want some specific treatments, then keep your visa and passport ready.
- Do not forget to check out the reviews. Compare the room rates and choose the most reasonable ones.
Hope these tips help you in having the perfect vacation.